Thursday, August 30, 2012

REAL WORLD

It's here - life after college!  I moved up to Burlington on Tuesday, and so far have: completed two days of work, become a bike commuter, cooked myself some decent dinners, unpacked most of my stuff, and assembled a bed.

WOAH also just realized I moved from zipcode 04105 to 05401!!  How cool!

So life as a Vermonter has been good, though seeing all the UVM students darting around campus makes me wish (sort of) that I too was going to be a college student this fall.  One big JTerm would be ideal.

Here are a few random thoughts that have been on my mind lately, in no particular order:

The NYTimes has been on a sort of anti-men streak lately...here are links to 2 articles.  The first is an editorial on how men, biologically, aren't really very necessary for reproduction.  And the second is an interesting piece on the role of men in today's economy (entitled "Who Wears the Pants in This Economy", very witty).

So excited for the new Mumford and Sons and Avett Brothers albums to come out!  Should be some great new tunes for my long commutes to Middlebury this fall :)  I am also planning to join the Burlington Public Library so I can get some books on tape.  Any suggestions are welcome!

And finally, a collection of pictures from my first couple days of "adult" life.

Dinner #1: Angel hair, tomato sauce, salad.  Basic but delicious.  Oh, and Mike's Hard, move-in day was a long one.

Dinner #2: More homemade.  Tofu, carrot, pepper, onion, garlic, soy sauce stir-fry with jasmine rice.  A pretty solid first stir-fry effort.  I had leftovers of this for dinner #3.  


According to the instruction manual, you can only assemble this bed if you have friends.  Discrimination!


I already posted this on Facebook, but despite the haters, I made my bed all by myself!  From a pile of wood/screws to a masterpiece.  Now I just need to get myself a mattress!


That's the end for now.  Check back in for more of my adventures.  Can't wait to be back out on Dunmore, driving the launch!

No comments:

Post a Comment