Tuesday, August 7, 2012

hiya

An adventure from my most recent foray into fine dining: last night, I made some tasty lobster mac and cheese.  I'd call it a solid first effort.  With the abundance of lobsters in Maine this summer (see this article from the NYTimes for more info), it's a great seasonal dish and a fun twist on one of my favorite comfort foods.

I have been OBSESSED with watching the Olympics for the past 10+ days...it's especially cool to see sports that otherwise wouldn't make it on TV.  If you're missing swimming and/or haven't seen this video, watch the US swim team dancing their hearts out to Call Me Maybe.

And finally, in honor of my recent Rubix Cube addiction, here's a neat little article from the NYTimes about the reemergence of the Rubix Cube and hardcore cubers.

Those are my fun tidbits for now - keep on the sunny side :)

No comments:

Post a Comment