Thursday, August 16, 2012

feeling crafty

First off, thanks for helping me exceed 2,000 views!  Glad to know there's lots of sunshine being spread throughout the world.  Also, I don't think there's a way to share the map, but it's cool to see viewers in so many different countries!  Even if I have only been to three, I sort of feel like a part of me has gone wherever my friends go.

So I find myself with two weeks to go before the big move to Burlington.  I'm excited, but also a little wistful about my limited time that remains in Maine.  But I've gotten to do most of my favorite Maine activities this summer, and I'm feeling rested and ready to be a little busier again.  In the meantime, I'm gathering together all the stuff I need to bring with me, and finishing up on my newly painted table!  I'll post a picture next time...waiting for the paint to dry.


Last weekend, I went to the Cumberland Arts & Craft Show.  I love browsing, and it was especially fun this year since I have pierced ears (coming up on my one year anniversary).  I didn't end up buying earrings, but did get this necklace, made by a Portland-based artist who uses recycled sterling silver in her jewelry.  Here's her website.








And in other crafting news, here are some earrings I made this morning.  I really like the beads - I got them from The Beadin' Path in Freeport.  I think this is also a local artist who produces Japanese-style ceramic beads.  Hopefully there will be a bead shop in Burlington so I can keep up my earring-making!  Or I'll just have to stock up in Middlebury.






Well, that's basically all that's new in Maine.  Have a lovely day/weekend!  


No comments:

Post a Comment