Sunday, March 9, 2014

3/9/14 - or Catherine turns 23.5

I want to start off this sunnyside post by acknowledging the scary and sobering disappearance of the Malaysian Airlines Flight.  I can't believe that a large passenger plane can literally just vanish.   While a happy ending is seeming less and less likely, I do hope that authorities are able to piece together what happened soon and give answers to the families of those on board.  I also hope that whatever happened will help make flying a little bit safer.  It's sad that horrible events are often what leads to big changes, but hopefully something good can come of this. 

On a less sad note, it was spring ahead day today, which meant an hour less of sleep but also meant that sunset wasn't until 6:51!  It will be nice to have some more light in the evenings. 

It has been a good week, full of lots of sleeping.  I was exhausted all week, and as a result I slept 9+ hours every night.  I think maybe I was on the verge of getting sick, but sleeping kept it away.  It also prepared me well for spring ahead :)

The Josh Ritter concert last Sunday was great.  He played a mix of new and old music, and it was a very different concert than when I saw him 4+ years ago - much quieter, and more intimate.  He is a really fun performer, because he is almost constantly smiling and high energy.  It was a long way to drive for just the weekend, but worth it!

This is one of the cutest and happiest things I've seen in awhile.  I love Lennon and Maisy on Nashville, and they have the best YouTube videos.  Here's their newest one, a cover of That's What's Up by Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeroes. 

 

Here are a couple of pictures from my weekend.  I made this delicious lentil-vegetable stew for the second time.  The recipe seems to have disappeared from where I found it online, but basically it's lentils, sweet potatoes, onion, spinach, and a delicious mix of spices - curry powder, cinnamon, garlic, and ginger.  If you want the recipe let me know and I can send it to you.  Highly recommended!  I also spent some time this weekend searching for a bathing suit for our upcoming spring break crew trip to DeLand, Florida.  Unfortunately, March is a very poor time to shop for swimming apparel in Vermont.  Apparently it is still too wintery for most people to be considering swimming.  I did end up ordering one online from Boden, so I'm hoping it fits/I like it.  We shall see!  So the picture is of these pretty hideous spandex I found at JC Penney...covered in french fries, pizza, onion rings, hot dogs, etc.  I was almost tempted to buy them but they're just a little too weird.  For your viewing pleasure. 
And a thought to leave you with, from the song Pumpin Blood that I posted last time: "You're a catalyst to your happiness you know."  A good mantra to live by - you're only going to be happy if you decide to be.  Have a good week!


No comments:

Post a Comment