Sunday, April 6, 2014

It's April!

I can't believe that April is already here.  Partly, that's because there is still a fair amount of snow on the ground, and Lake Champlain is still almost completely covered in ice.  And, I think that time has been going by pretty fast lately.  That being said, I'm excited for spring, and the warmer weather and longer days it brings.  Here is a list of notable things going on in my life.  

-I got back from Florida a week ago.  It was a fun trip - I saw lots of amazing birds, a very large alligator, cool trees...basically, just a lot of different wildlife.  The weather was excellent, and I'm now very tan, which is always a plus.  It has been hard adjusting to the cold back in Vermont, but today it was above 50, and my run outside felt warm and spring-like. 

-I found a fabulous blue maxi dress at T.J.Maxx today.  It's comfortable but also looks nice, and I can't wait for it to be warm out so I can wear it!  Also, it has pockets, which is clutch.  Here's a pic. 

-Free Cone Day at Ben & Jerry's is Tuesday!!  One of the best days of the year :)

-I'm starting to get excited for the summer in Maine.  A partial list of things I'm looking forward to/want to try and accomplish: go to the beach as much as possible, hike Mount Katahdin (not sure if this will happen, but it would be really cool!), run the Clam Fest 5 mile road race, eat lots of seafood, etc.  Maine in the summer is my favorite thing in the world, and I can't wait to enjoy every minute of it. 

I need to go do my dishes, so that is all the sunnyside material I have for now, but I hope that the second week of April brings more literal and figurative sunshine.  Peace!!

No comments:

Post a Comment