Sunday, January 26, 2014

sunday afternoon thoughts

I have been listening to Josh Ritter a lot lately, specifically his 2013 album "The Beast in its Tracks", to prepare for seeing him live in March!  He is playing at Bates, and I think it will be an awesome small concert.  I saw him a few years ago, at UVM actually, where he played in one of the Davis Center ballrooms, and it was a great show - we stood in the second row and it felt intimate and energetic and just excellent.  Here are two of my favorite songs from the album. 
-A Certain Light
-New Lover
His songs have amazing lyrics.  He's a gem. 

This is my first weekend in Burlington in 6 weeks!  Crazy!  Luckily it was nice out yesterday (and by nice I mean the actual temperature was above 20), so I went for run and then did a Jillian ab workout.  It was cold again today, but I did some abs.  It feels good to be getting in an exercise routine again, though I am quite sore.  What doesn't kill you makes you stronger though, right?

I also bought a pair of Frye boots today!  I have been wanting to get some for awhile, and I found my size in one of the styles I was eying on sale on Church Street today.  So I splurged, and I am happy I did.  I think they'll replace Dansko's as better "going out" shoes, not that I do very much going out. 

The new year has included lots of delicious salads for me, with fresh fruits and goat cheese crumble and candied nuts.  Today, though, I am going to branch out a little and make a recipe from Mark Bittman's How to Cook Everything (great cookbook), Lentils and Rice with Caramelized Onions.  I'll write about how it was later, but I have had good luck with his other recipes so I'm optimistic. 

May the last week of January be fun and productive and not too too cold! 

No comments:

Post a Comment