Sunday, October 2, 2011

the sun will come out tomorrow (or in a few days...)

It has been rather dismal for the past couple of days (weather-wise).  Luckily, the forecast looks good for the end of this week and our upcoming first home regatta!  I'm really looking forward to hosting UVM on Saturday for a little scrimmage - should be fun to have some other boats rowing with us on Lake Dunmore. 

Right after my last post, something else exciting happened...I went to the organic garden for the first time ever!  We harvested probably almost 300 pounds of butternut squash and I ate a delicious carrot.  It was quite fun and I'm excited to go back in the future.

Also.  Starting this week, I'm going to be learning to play the OBOE!  I've sort of jokingly said I wanted to learn it for awhile, but now I actually have the chance to!  I am a little nervous that our orchestra concert is November 12th.  There isn't much time, but I hope that with lots of practice I'll be able to play my part by then!

I can't believe it's already October.  School starting late this year has really messed with me.  Crazy crazy.  I should probably get back to work, but in the meantime, some Lady Gaga for you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9YMU0WeBwU&ob=av2n.  And an interesting and relevant NYTimes opinion piece: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/26/opinion/an-indefensible-punishment.html?_r=1&hp.  May this week be full of happiness :)

No comments:

Post a Comment