Friday, August 26, 2011

"Storms a comin'. She's gonna blow."

As Robert McCloskey writes in his lovely children's book "Time of Wonder," storms are exciting times on the coast.  Huge waves and powerful winds batter the shore, and the sea spray mixes with the rains.  With all this talk, I'm a little excited to sit inside and watch the Irene this weekend.  Luckily, it should only be a tropical storm by the time it hits Maine - hopefully there won't be too much damage.  Should be interesting. 

I had a great trip to the beach today to prepare for the storm, where I finished my latest book, Barack Obama's "Dreams from My Father."  It was so interesting to hear about Obama's childhood and ancestry, and I'm glad I read it.  Here's the rest of my summer reading list: I need at least one more book for the summer (to get to 20). 

1. The Man of My Dreams
2. The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
3. Thirteen Moons
4. Mountains Beyond Mountains
5. A Discovery of Witches
6. The Last Lecture
7. Chocolat
8. Blink
9. I Think I Love You
10. Commencement
11. The Elegance of the Hedgehog
12. Sisterhood Everlasting
13. Poisoned
14. Big Girl Small
15. The History of Love
16. In Cold Blood
17. Mortal Lessons
18. Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet
19. Dreams from My Father

An interesting mix...it has just been so great to be reading for fun again.

Exactly 2 weeks from today are Middlebury move-in and my 21st birthday, both of which I'm very excited for.  I can't wait for senior year, and spending the fall in Vermont (rowing on Lake Dunmore) is gorgeous. 

Finally, here's a song I've been listening to a lot lately.  It's very sunny side.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtLKlB6XcC4

That's all for now, have a good weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment