Tuesday, June 21, 2011

oh canada

We're headed to Canada on a little family vacation tomorrow.  I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not too psyched about traveling somewhere colder than Maine.  Oh well.  Hopefully it won't be too dismal and I will remember my french. 

I still can't really move from doing an ab workout on Sunday.  Even pipetting hurts my arm, how sad.  But I guess it's just a necessary part of "gettin' huge" for the fall.  Success is a decision.  I know it's a long way off, but I'm still excited for lovely fall rows on Lake Dunmore. 

The other day I finished "The Last Lecture."  I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for an inspirational read.  I really admire Randy Pausch's life outlook.  It's easy for someone like me to keep on the sunny side: I have nothing major to complain about, and I would consider my life to be pretty awesome.  But even when faced with a terminal diagnosis, Pausch chose to do his best to make his last months rewarding.  Warning: you will probably cry.  A lot.  I did, but it's worth it, and it truly makes you evaluate your life and attitude.

Off to enjoy the sun!  Have a great week.

1 comment: