Sunday, May 15, 2011

the beginning of goodbye

Over the weekend, a lot of students moved out of the dorms.  I still have one more exam and a full week before I head back to Maine, so it's weird to see everyone starting to leave. 

One more exam!  Microeconomics is all that separates me from several months of (near) academic freedom.  I'm really looking forward to doing some reading for fun - perhaps lying on the beach?  Books currently on my list are:
-The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks
-A Discovery of Witches
-Unbroken
Can't wait to hit up the library and get started. 

In the meantime, my reading mostly consists of the newspaper, so here's an article about college graduates and being overly optimistic (if there is such a thing...)
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/15/opinion/15Sharot.html?_r=1&hp

Also, I'm getting a haircut for the first time in two years when I get back to Maine.  I think I'm going to donate it again, to Pantene Beautiful Lengths, which makes wigs for women with cancer.  Pictures to come once that happens!

And finally, Hello by Martin Solveig.  I've been listening to this song on repeat for most of the past week...I think it's rather sunny side.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Na85fPGYCM

That's all for now.  Don't the rain get you down.

No comments:

Post a Comment