Sunday, April 3, 2011

Hello April

So it's back from spring break and on to the rest of the semester. Georgia was simultaneously fun and exhausting. The weather was pretty bad, and it's kind of hard to find the sunny side when the previous week was beautiful and next week looks great. Luckily, though, it didn't rain too much during our actual practices, and since it was so cold, rowing in Vermont won't be very different. How's that for optimism? :)

It's a bit overwhelming to be back at Middlebury, faced with the reality that there's not a whole lot of time left before I'm a senior. At this midpoint in the semester, I'd like to make some resolutions. First, I want to get my work done relatively early to have as much free time as possible. I also want to spend time with friends, especially those who are graduating. And finally, I am going to try to keep complaining to a minimum.

Now for some musical entertainment. It's going to be awhile before I can hear the words "It's Friday" without thinking of Rebecca Black's song. I have no idea how it has more than 80 million views on YouTube. Crazy. Even though it drives me kind of insane, here's a funny version from Late Night with Jimmy Fallon - http://www.latenightwithjimmyfallon.com/blogs/2011/04/stephen-colbert-sings-friday-with-the-roots/

I much prefer "Friday I'm in Love" by The Cure - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa2nLEhUcZ0

Also, here's an article from the New York Times talking about a new FDA rule that would exempt movie theaters from displaying caloric information. With numerous fast food chains showing the nutrition facts of meals, it seems logical for movie theaters to also comply. I think it could go a long way to help people realize what exactly they're eating - http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/02/business/02menu.html?ref=health

No comments:

Post a Comment