Monday, April 11, 2011

don't worry, be happy

For the past few days I've been pretty anxious about my physics test (starting in about 20 hours). In most other parts of my life, I have tried to worry less; being unnecessarily anxious about the future just makes the present less enjoyable. For some reason, though, exams continue to be quite stressful for me. So before I call it quits with the studying and head to bed, I decided to look up and share some quotations about worrying.

Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. ~Leo Buscaglia

Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. ~Benjamin Franklin

Nerves and butterflies are fine - they're a physical sign that you're mentally ready and eager. You have to get the butterflies to fly in formation, that's the trick. ~Steve Bull

We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday's burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it. ~John Newton

I think it's important to be at least a little nervous for things you really care about. But when fear becomes paralyzing, it's counterproductive. You're not always going to succeed, but by going in to most endeavors with some preparation and a positive attitude, the results are generally good. Here's to a successful second round of midterms!

No comments:

Post a Comment