Sunday, February 6, 2011

what makes me happy

warm, homemade soup
good books
knitting
being tired after exercising
chocolate things (and most desserts)
clean sheets
flowers
the ocean and beaches
fresh fruit

and a lot of other things. I love anticipating little parts of my days and weeks. It's nice to have something to look forward to, even if it's small.

I am trying to keep all this little happy things in mind as I brace myself for the start of 4 new classes. I'm almost all moved into my new single. It's weird to get used to living alone again and I miss having a roomie :( But it has forced me to clean up and get organized for spring!

It was also a little sad to leave behind Maine for almost 4 months. I'm going to miss it. I miss the ocean, LLBean, favorite restaurants, and seeing familiar faces. One thing that makes Maine unique is Marden's, the discount surplus store managed by Governor Paul LePage. They have pretty funny and ridiculous commercials starring Karmo Sanders, aka Birdie Googins or just "The Marden's Lady." I can't help but laugh when I see them on T.V. So for anyone who's not from Maine, or if you just haven't had enough of her, here are some websites and videos you might want to check out:

An example of her ads - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP3esjlpg68&feature=player_embedded
Her official website. You can get info about hiring her for events - http://birdiegoogins.com/
A recent news story - http://www.pressherald.com/news/Funny-lady-looks-beyond-the-Blaine-House.html

No comments:

Post a Comment