Friday, June 20, 2014

happy happy summer!

It is summer vacation, and tomorrow is the longest day of the year!  This is the first time in a while that I've had a whole summer free, and I'm really excited about the upcoming 7 weeks or so.  I have already had a lot of time to run, read, and just generally relax, and checking off stuff on my fun to-do list will be lovely.  Life is oh-so-good.  

I haven't posted here in quite a bit, but I compiled a list of some of the songs I have been listening to on repeat.  Some are on the radio, others a little more off the beaten path, but in my opinion they are all great for windows down, music blasting summer days.  Check them out!
Love Runs Out by One Republic
Problem by Ariana Grande ft. Iggy Azalea
Fancy by Iggy Azalea (trying to memorize all the words)
Come Get it Bae by Pharrell Williams
On Our Way by The Royal Concept
Scare Away the Dark by Passenger (featured in the super cute Middlebury video I watched the other day)

And here is a video from Sunflower Farm in Maine that has over 2 million views in the last few weeks.  Only 35 seconds but cute: The Running of the Goats.  I recently started watching How I Met Your Mother (I know, I know, several years late), but I'm enjoying it so far and trying really hard to avoid finding out how the show ends.  I am also reading Game of Thrones, and am thinking about maybe starting to watch the show.  I like the book more than I was expecting, so I'll have to give it a try sometime soon. 

Things that I'm looking forward to:
-family vacation in Alaska (hi Robin, see ya soon)!
-running the Clam Fest 5 miler in July...just about halfway through my training plan, but feeling better every day
-getting some new running shoes soon (pictures to follow)
-a visit from Tiffany and Elise next weekend
-the beach, eating seafood, enjoying Maine

As always, if you're interested in receiving a letter, send me your address!  I love having summer pen pals, and I am definitely up for some vacation postcards! 

Enjoy the beginning of summer!  Sending you happy vibes from Maine!

No comments:

Post a Comment