Saturday, February 25, 2012

long overdue

It has been more than two months since my last sunny side post...crazy, since winter break plus JTerm was basically a two month vacation.  A lot has happened since then, but here are some highlights:

-Hairspray.  Playing in the pit band was a lot of fun.  I enjoyed learning percussion and being part of a musical for the first time since high school.  Finally, I don't have the music stuck in my head anymore.
-I learned how to solve the Rubiks cube.  Disclaimer: I looked at the directions that come with the cube.  My best time so far is 1 minute, 52 seconds but I am trying to get faster/approach the world record of 5.66 seconds (!! so crazy).
-I watched Little Miss Sunshine for the first time.  I can't believe I hadn't seen it before.  It's so sunny side.
-I went to Seattle for February break, which was my first ever trip to the west coast.  It was a lot of fun and a great way to get ready for the new semester.
-We are almost two weeks through classes.  I have really liked all of them so far, especially playing in our woodwind quintet.  It's nice to be playing flute a lot again.
-Winter carnival!!  And it even snowed a little bit!

That's about all the excitement in my life.  I'm trying to enjoy this last semester as much as possible...here it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment