Tuesday, November 29, 2011

you can do anything for 3 weeks

It's the final countdown to the end of the fall semester.  2 weeks of classes and 1 week of finals are all that's left before winter break relaxation.  There's a lot of stuff to get done, but I just keep reminding myself that soon I will have about 2 months with limited work and lots of free time.


That being said, it was great to have a few days off last week for Thanksgiving.  Some highlights from our western NY adventures:
-spending time with my family
-eating a delicious cupcake (devil's food cake with cream cheese frosting) from Dolce Cupcakery in Pittsford, NY
-eating lots of good food in general, especially stuffing and yummy Chinese food
-knitting (current project is a hat made out of pretty multicolored sock yarn...picture to come upon completion)
-getting tons of sleep


And now for some youtube entertainment:
-Here's a newish Rihanna song I like, We Found Love.
-Beyoncé's Move Your Body, a dance routine for Let's Move.  It's a program through the National Association of Broadcasters Education Foundation designed to help make kids more active.  I'm a big fan of dance-related exercise (Just Dance and DDR all the way!)
-If you haven't seen it yet, Marcel Part 2.  Wonderful.


Finally, here's a short article from the New Yorker discussing the Keystone XL oil pipeline and how it relates to Occupy Wall Street.  Enjoy the week, and to quote Mia Hamm for a little semester's end inspiration "I've worked too hard and too long to let anything stand in the way of my goals. I will not let my teammates down and I will not let myself down."  Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment