Saturday, July 30, 2011

hi

It's a beautiful day in Falmouth.  Luckily, the heat wave has subsided, so it's in the 80's rather than the 90's (or over 100...).  I'm hoping it stays this nice for our vacation in a couple weeks; hiking and biking are much more fun when it's sunny. 

I just finished a really interesting book about the E. coli outbreak in 1992/1993.  Over 700 people got sick from eating tainted hamburger meat at Jack in the Box, the oldest fast food chain in the country.  Four children ended up dying, and it was a major turning point in food safety.  I hadn't heard of Jack in the Box - missing out on the East coast - and I don't eat hamburger, but it's scary to think that so many people got sick.  Anyways, it's called Poisoned and I would highly recommend. 

This week I discovered Spotify and Google+.  I feel so up on current technology :)  Not sure how I feel about them quite yet, but I will keep you posted. 

Peace out, hope everyone's enjoying the last weekend of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment