Sunday, April 20, 2014

easter!!

On this Easter Sunday, a list of things I'm thankful for:
-I got to run outside along the lake on a beautiful afternoon.  The lake has thawed, the bike path is clear of snow, and running outside is no longer crazy.  It's wonderful.  I also just started using Strava to map my runs and it's kind of my new favorite thing.  I feel much more motivated to run/run fast when I know that my GPS is tracking me. 
-I have finished two books recently and am working my way through the giant pile next to my bed.  If you're looking for a good book that will probably make you cry, check out Tell the Wolves I'm Home.  It was a powerful and sad read.  But very well-written and interesting.  Yay for reading for fun!
-I've been listening to this song a lot recently and just found out that Fitz and the Tantrums are coming to Higher Ground in June - anyone want to go??  Here's The Walker.  Frank Turner is also coming in May, so I'm thinking about going to see him too.  And the Avett Brothers are playing in August!  So much good music in Burlington!
-I like Phillip Phillips, so here's his latest, Raging Fire.
-I took a picture of the crazy icicles that had formed on our oars last week (after a chilly April snowstorm), and it was chosen as the picture of the day on row2k!  Here's the link, check it out :)
http://row2k.com/potd/4-19-2014/Oar-cicles/2458/#.U1MGaFea9eQ
-Lent is over, so I got to eat candy today!
-Family, friends, friendly strangers, all the people who brighten my days.  


No comments:

Post a Comment